We Are Committed To Keeping You Happy In Your Home
Whether you are currently renting an apartment managed by Alpha property management or are considering renting an available unit with us, we want you to know how thrilled we are that you are here! We understand through our decades of experience how important it is to treat our renters with the same level of respect as our owners. In fact, we hope you will think of us as your partners in making your apartment a place that you are proud to call home. If you are a new tenant please make sure to sign up for your Tenant Web Access Account here and follow the instructions on the page to place maintenance requests, pay rent, and more!
Alpha Property Management Tenant Services
If you are anything like most people, you only want to rent an apartment where you can enjoy peace of mind that your home will be included in good condition, will be well-maintained, and will allow you to afford the lifestyle you desire. Searching through the Sacramento rental market for the perfect apartment, navigating the lease process, and moving can be an overwhelming period for renters. However, here at Alpha Property Management, we offer a long list of services to not only match you with the right Sacramento apartment but ensure that the entire leasing and move-in process goes as smoothly as possible.
Here are just a few of the services that we offer our beloved tenants:
- Rental application and background check assistance
- The highest level of customer service from application to move-out
- We only work with repair vendors we trust to provide you with fast, high-quality service on repairs and maintenance requests
- We provide preventative maintenance to keep your home in optimal condition
Alpha Property Management Tenant FAQs
HOW DO I APPLY TO BECOME A TENANT OF ALPHA PROPERTY MANAGEMENT?
The fastest and easiest way to get approved is to complete our online application and submit it along with all of the required documentation and background check fees.
If you do not have access to a computer to complete the application online for any reason, you can print the application and bring your money order or cashier’s check along with the additional requirements listed above to the Alpha Property Management Office located at 2377 Gold Meadow Way, Suite 100, Gold River, CA 95670 between the hours of 8:30 am-4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
WHAT IS REQUIRED TO BECOME A TENANT?
We are thrilled that you are interested in renting from Alpha Property Management. However, as you know we have some standard requirements that everyone must meed in order to qualify for one of our rentals.
Standard Requirements For Application Approval
- Proof of at least 3X the rent of the desired unit in verifiable gross household income. That is a combined income of all parties above the age of 18. Proof of income needs to be provided when the application is submitted.
- All parties 18 years of age or older must agree to have their credit report run by a third party.
- A minimum FICO score of 600 for all renters 18 years of age or older. A higher security deposit is occasionally accepted for those unable to meet this requirement.
- Proper legal ID including driver’s license or passport.
- A background check proving that you are free of evictions for the last 24 months. A higher security deposit is occasionally accepted for those unable to meet this requirement.
Financial Requirements For Application Approval
In addition to passing the credit and background check, you will be required to provide the following funds to secure your rental.
- $40-$45 in the form of a credit card,debit card payment, or Ach if applying online.$40.00 dollar money order must be submitted along with the application per person and proof of income if bringing applications to the office. These funds are collected and used to cover the cost of the third-party background check and processing fees.
- 1st month’s rent
- Security deposit in the amount of one’month’s rent
- Pet deposits begin at $600+ and are subject to review by the landlord. Breed restrictions apply.
I just became a tenant. Now what?
Congrats and welcome to your new home! We are thrilled to have you!
First things first, you need to set up your Tenant Web Access account. This is how you will pay rent and submit non-emergency maintenance requests. To get started, click here and follow the instructions at the top of the page. If you are having trouble establishing your account, feel free to reach out!
You may also want to save the numbers and email addresses for each department for your convenience but keep in mind that all maintenance requests must be submitted online.
Maintenance Supervisor: Dorene Arena
HOW DO I SUBMIT A MAINTENANCE OR REPAIR REQUEST?
Need a repair? Not to worry!
If you are a new Alpha Property Management Tenant or have not yet set up your Tenant Web Access Account, please click here and follow the instructions on the page to establish your account and submit a maintenance request. Need help setting up your account? Call Dorene Arena our Maintenance Supervisor at (916)706-1519 for assistance.
Our maintenance request and resolution system has been completely streamlined to deliver you the best possible customer service and get your request completed to your satisfaction in the least possible time. Please follow the steps below in order to receive the fastest and highest quality of service.
Submit a maintenance request online.
Calling will NOT expedite your request but will actually delay results because maintenance requests are filed electronically before automatically notifying the correct parties.
Your request is immediately and automatically sent to our maintenance department and documented on your file.
Your maintenance request is reviewed by your landlord. Remember, Alpha Property Management does not own your rental unit and we are legally required to obtain approval from the property owner before completing your request.
The appropriate and fastest available professional contractor will contact you within 24-48 hours to schedule your maintenance appointment. Note: Holidays and weekends may result in a delay. If you do not hear back within 72 hours, restart the online request process but DO NOT call as this will only slow down the process.
Although inconvenient, maintenance requests that don’t pose an immediate threat to your safety or the safety and structure of the rental DO NOT qualify as an emergency. For example, if you have a leak or your air conditioning is not working, you are required to submit a maintenance request through the online portal because these are NOT emergencies. Qualifying emergencies include major floods, fire, having no hot water, or a garage door that won’t open leaving your car trapped inside the garage. For emergencies please call 916-889-0171.
WHAT QUALIFIES AS AN EMERGENCY?
Although we are dedicated to keeping you happy in your home, it is important to understand the important difference between a routine maintenance request and a true emergency! When you call our emergency line with a non-emergent request it will not only increase the time it takes us to serve you but prevents us from being able to respond to other true emergencies.
In general, an emergency as it pertains to your rental is anything that places you and/or your rental in immediate danger or seriously impedes your rights. Below are some examples of issues that qualify as an emergency and others that are standard maintenance.
Examples Of True Emergencies
- No hot water or no water at all
- No electricity or serious potential for an electrical fire
Examples Of Routine Maintenance Requests
- Heating or air conditioning not working
- Small leak like a dripping faucet
- Sprinkler system stops working
- Clogged toilet
*If you believe you or your apartment is in immediate danger or stands severe potential of damage as described above, please get yourself to safety and call 916-889-0171.
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO PREPARE FOR MOVING OUT?
Although we are sad to see you go, we aim to make your move-out process as easy and pleasant as possible. In order to best serve you and ensure your satisfaction, please review the below move-out procedure and policies.
Ready To Move Out?
- Review the terms of your lease and ensure you are within compliance with the lease terms that you agreed to.
- Provide 30 days written notice to Alpha Property Management of your intent to vacate and terminate your lease.
- Request a move-out inspection to be performed 2 weeks prior to the scheduled move-out date. During this inspection, a member of the Alpha Property Management team will come out to indicate exactly what (if anything) must be done for you to collect your security deposit refund. If necessary repairs or cleaning are required after move-out you agree to allow Alpha Property Management to use your security deposit to cover some or all of the professional services needed to re-rent the unit.
- Return your keys along with the correct forwarding address for your security deposit to be sent.
Minimum Requirements To Receive Security Deposit Refunded In Full
Failure to comply with any of these standard requirements will definitely result in some portion of your security deposit being withheld.
- There can be zero personal property or garbage anywhere on the property at all. Removal all trash.
- If you have been responsible for lawn care and maintenance, you must vacate the apartment with the yard in optimal condition meaning the grass mowed, the landscaping maintained, etc. Put trash cans behind the fence.
- If you have been in your apartment for more than 1 year, there may be professional cleaning of carpets, flooring, cabinets, and more. Please review these requirements during your move-out inspection two weeks prior to your scheduled move-out date.
- If pets are involved, there must be zero pet waste anywhere on the premises. You are entirely responsible for cleaning and correcting any pet waste and damage.
- If pets are involved, you must make sure there is no infestation of fleas or other pests. If an infestation is present, you will be charged for professional pet control to remedy the problem.
I SUBMITTED A MAINTENANCE REQUEST BUT HAVE NOT HEARD BACK YET. NOW WHAT?
Please understand that if you have already submitted a maintenance request online, it has been submitted to our maintenance department and documented on your file. Our maintenance request and resolution system has been completely streamlined to deliver you the best possible customer service and get your request completed to your satisfaction in the least possible time.
Calling will NOT expedite your call but will actually delay results because maintenance requests are filed electronically before automatically notifying the correct parties.
Please understand there are several steps that we must complete on our end in order to provide you with service. To better understand how this all works, please review the following steps of the process:
Your maintenance request is reviewed by your landlord. Remember, Alpha Property Management does not own your rental unit and we are legally required to obtain approval from the property owner before completing your request. This may be the initial cause of the delay you are experiencing.
The appropriate and fastest available professional contractor will contact you within 24-48 hours to schedule your maintenance appointment. Note: Holidays and weekends may result in a delay.
***If you do not hear back within 72 hours, restart the online request process but DO NOT call as this will only slow down the process.***
What Our Current Tenants Say About Alpha Property Management
Awesome landlord! I have rented a home from APM for many years and I couldn't be happier with their service! They are helpful and professional and they always follow through with what they say they're going to do. Sally and the other staff are really nice and always willing to help. I am still currently a tenant with Alpha and I would recommend them to anyone who wants an honest and straight forward landlord experience! They're knowledgeable and professional which is hard to find these days! I would definitely rent from them again!
- K Stachniuk
I have rented more than one home from this company for over 9 years and they have always been awesome to rent from! They are very polite and professional and always answer any questions I have without any BS. Their staff is helpful and always gets back to me in a timely manner. Their maintenance staff is also very helpful and accommodating with repairs I have needed in the past. I'm not sure what these other people are complaining about on here, but I have NEVER had any late fees or other fees that I have not honestly owed. As long as you are honest and pay what you owe on time, it's never a problem. The few times I have had to pay my rent late, I paid the late fees as well and they have never harassed or bothered me in the least! I believe this is a smaller family-owned business and I have always had great interactions with everyone that works here! I have referred numerous friends and family members to them that have also rented homes and are very happy with their professional service! I would definitely rent from them again and refer anyone who is looking for a great rental experience! They have always followed through with anything they have told me they would do, and always let me know what is required of me to keep in good standings with them. I love this company and would rent from them again!
- Philip Michael
Excellent Service!! I have rented from Alpha for a long time and they have always been professional and nice to deal with. I've never had any problems or hassle when dealing with them. Sally is really nice and answered all my questions. They always get back to me quickly and are a big help with any service requests I've had. They even worked with us to move into a different property since the owner of our old rental was selling the place. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a place that is no hassle and to the point!
- Keilonnie Thurman
I have rented from Alpha Property for almost 8 years and have always had a great experience with them. They are very knowledgeable and professional. They always get back to me in a timely manner and answer all my questions. I have never had any issues with them and they always handle my work requests quickly! I have nothing bad to say about my experience with Alpha! I would gladly rent from them again!